Tuesday, January 20, 2009

FRED HARPER SIGNED CARDS

I got some nice signed cards in the mail today from illustrator Fred Harper. I sent them to him to sign quite a while ago but unfortunately they got lost in his studio for a bit. Fred is a busy guy, he does illustrations for a number of magazines including Time, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Playboy, The Village Voice, Sports Illustrated, and just about every issue of The Week magazine. Odds are you've ran across his art in one form or another. If you ever see a Sports Illustrated in my house it's because of Fred. I know of him for his work on the Garbage Pail Kids and Hollywood Zombies cards.

Photobucket
Fred Harper

Here are the two cards he signed for me. It's difficult to see the signature in gold pen because it just didn't scan well.

Photobucket
"EXTRA CHRISTIE" from Garbage Pail Kids Series 7

Photobucket
"Bruise Willis" from Hollywood Zombies.

This was one of three cards that when set next to each other create the whole scene. This was one of my favorites.

Photobucket

Fred also sent me a nice sketch.

Photobucket
Thanks Fred!

Fred does some amazing illustrations for magazines that blow me away. Even though a lot of his work is political or sports related illustrations I can't help but dig them. He also does a lot of fantasy and comic drawings. Here's a couple I like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: