Friday, February 26, 2010

STUDIO PICS AND COLLECTIONS PART 1

I thought I'd share some images of my own studio space and collections. My camera ran out of juice halfway through my rounds so I'll have to post a "part 2" when I find some batteries.

I'll start off upstairs in my dining room where my computer space is...

Photobucket
These walls are primarily devoted to my major loves/hobbies. Framed above my computer desk on the left wall are various Garbage Pail Kid items. My favorite is in the bottom left hand of the photo, a package of each series of GPKs from series 1-15 framed. There are large cards, posters, and samples of GPKs from other countries (Germany, Brazil, Italy, Australia, France, Argentina, Canada, Israel, Spain, Ireland, and Peru). I would really like to have a Japanese GPK (Bukimi Kun) to add to my collection but they are extremely rare and EXPENSIVE. Just below and out-of-frame is a row of binders where I keep my cards (Garbage Pail Kids, Wacky Packages, Bathroom Buddies, Trash Can Trolls, Hollywood Zombies etc.). Bottom center is a ceramic Cabbage Patch Kid statue I painted like Messie Tessy.

Photobucket

This is a chunk of the adjoining wall in the dining room. More framed GPK stuff. Mad Magazine "Garbage Pail Issue", Craze One (Adam B. Good) card by John Pound. a couple GPK posters, and autograped cards/personal sketches from card artists (Tom Bunk, John Pound, Jay Lynch, Mike Wartella, Strephon Taylor, Fred Harper, Luiz Diaz, Brent Engstrom, John Cebollero, and Fred Wheaton). Thanks Guys!! Below is my Pixies/Frank Black cd collection. Above those and to the left is framed records/photos of my favorite musician and lead singer of the Pixies, Black Francis. In the upper right hand corner is a shelf where I keep GPK boxes and larger items.

Now to my basement studio where I run away to hide from my life and work on artwork that is too big to fit on my dining room table.

Photobucket

Atop a book shelf in the corner miscellaneous toys. The above shelf, stacks of empty trading card boxes, monster figures, various comic books, and a quiji board (I hope I spelled that correctly?).

Photobucket

A closer shot.

Photobucket

Shelves displaying whatever I decide to put up at the time. Talking PeeWee, Showbiz Pizza junk, Rainbow Brite dolls, plastic Halloween masks, old View Master slides/viewers, Mad Magazine collectibles, Ren and Stimpy figures/toys, and artwork.

Photobucket

An extension of the same shelf as it runs down the wall... more Godzilla/monster stuff, old Golden Books, lunchbox of the month?

Photobucket

I have a lot of these racks with various PVC figures, Diener erasers, rubber monsters, Tomy windups, and small toys. I rearrange them from time to time when I get bored. Below (not pictured) are big plastic tubs from Walmart where I keep all the other little figures and stuff.

Photobucket

A section of my shelves where I keep a lot of my books. A lot of old reference books and kiddie textbooks that I cut up for collages or reference images for art. A lot of paperbacks dealing with ghost stories, monsters, facts, jokes, mysteries, etc.
Boxes full of organized crap (vending machine toys, cereal box prizes, keychains, buttons, platic figures/animals, matchbooks, postcards, coins/tokens, dice, marbles, magic tricks/pranks, bottle caps, stickers, etc...).

I'll post more soon...

No comments: