Thursday, April 8, 2010

CEREAL OF THE 80'S

Sit down in front of your Saturday morning cartoons and munch away on that delicious bowl of 1980s cereal. Can you resist digging the prize out of the box right away? Will the cereal turn the milk colors?
Scroll through these happy memories of your 80s breakfast.

Photobucket
GHOSTBUSTERS CEREAL 1985

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
RAINBOW BRITE CEREAL 1984

Photobucket

Photobucket
NINTENDO CEREAL SYSTEM 1988

Photobucket

Photobucket
GREMLINS CEREAL 1984

Photobucket
I've got this Gizmo doll in my studio. When you shake him he squeeks.

Photobucket
DONKEY KONG CEREAL 1983

Photobucket
DONKEY KONG JR. CEREAL 1983

Photobucket
CABBAGE PATCH KIDS CEREAL 1985

Photobucket
MR. T CEREAL 1984

This cereal always reminds me of Pee Wee's Big Adventure when he eats it for breakfast.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
CRISPY CRITTERS 1989

Photobucket
CROONCHY STARS 1989

Photobucket
C3POS CEREAL 1984

Photobucket

Photobucket
PAC-MAN CEREAL 1980

Photobucket

Photobucket
E.T. CEREAL 1984

Photobucket
BARBIE CEREAL 1988

Photobucket
ICE CREAM CONE CEREAL 1987

Photobucket
Who could resist putting the little ice cream puffs on top of the cones and eating them one by one?

Photobucket
I have one of these green octopus wall crawlers in my studio. It still works just fine after being washed with soapy water. This was from Froot Loops (1986).

Photobucket
NERDS CEREAL 1985
Like the nintendo cereal this had two separate compartments that had different cereal.

The smelly markers on this box were the first mail away I ever sent for. I was in second grade and I didn't understand the concept of the postal service. The day after I sent the letter I sat in a lawn chair at the curb out front of my house waiting for the mailman to bring me my markers. I seriously believed they were coming from Willy Wonka's factory. That summer I sat on the curb every morning for over a month. Finally the day they showed up I wore them all out in about three or four hours.

Photobucket
G.I. JOE 1985

Photobucket
SMURF-BERRY CRUNCH 1985

This one must have been around for a while because I remember eating craploads of Smurf-Berry Crunch.

I hope this brought back some marshmellowriffic memories. Sorry for you kiddos that had to eat malt-o-meal. This post has been part of your complete breakfast!!

1 comment:

Strange Kid said...

OMG- Crispy Critter!!

I loved that cereal as a kid and haven't seen that artwork in ages. Good god, man, you've almost got me in tears... haha.

The Ralston cereals are also a treat, they has so many great franchises under that brand. Its a shame that there aren't more cereals based on classic cartoons anymore.