Thursday, July 15, 2010

BUNK'S JUNK 7-15-10

Once again my favorite artist Tom Bunk mailed me some of the trash from the garbage can in his studio. After picking out the used band-aids and earwax coated Q-tips. I thought I'd share the good stuff.

Photobucket

He mailed the sketches he did for this recent self-portrait

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a great sketch for the "Garbage Pail Kid style" portrait he did for his blog.

Photobucket

Here's the finished version from the blog http://bunkart.blogspot.com/

Photobucket

Here is a sketch he did for his recent submission to the August issue of Mad.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's hard to explain how excited I get when I find Tom's garbage in my mailbox but I tried my best to explain it to my family.

I told my wife Laura, "Try to imagine if Stephen King sent you some scrapped short story from his trash?"
I explained to my son Jack, "What if Tony Hawk mailed you his broken skateboard decks?"
My daughter Sam understood well when I asked her, "Say, Justin Bieber gave you his old soiled underwear?"

I'm sure they understand.

No comments: