Saturday, February 5, 2011

BUNK'S JUNK 2-5-11

I came home to a pleasant surprise a few days ago. I received an envelope full of stuff from my favorite artist Tom Bunk!! He found one of my envelopes in his studio and was nice enough to mail me some recent sketches for things he has been working on.

He sent two really neat cards (one he made for New Years) I know the scans don't do them justice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He sent the sketches for his illustration in Mad #507 (Feb 2011)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There were actually 5 different stages the last one being my favorite. I really wish sometimes that Mad would do a better job of printing some of these a bit larger. There are so many excellent details readers might miss out on. Getting the sketches from Tom, I kind of feel spoiled to get a deeper look.

He also sent a couple sketches from one of his gorgeous pin-up girls. The rest of these beauties can be found on his blog

http://bunkart.blogspot.com/2010/08/bunks-pin-up-gallerycreated-out-of-pure.html


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He also sent his preliminary work for his new Mad spoof of Donald Trump's "Undercover Boss" from the latest issue of Mad (#508 April 2011) which should be in stores now.

( These images have been removed temporarily. When I got my issue with my subscription I was unaware that it had not reached the shelves quite yet. Sorry Mad, and sorry Tom. Won't happen again!)

Thanks again Tom and keep up the great work!

No comments: