Thursday, December 29, 2011

BUNK'S JUNK 12-2011

The bookshelf I store my Mad magazine collection on has long been filled to capacity so until I get a new one I've had to store my more recent copies in stacks around my studio.
When Tom Bunk mailed me some new sketches last month I held off on posting them on the funtime blog just to make sure which issues they were used for.
I recognized a lot of them from previous issues but wanted to wait till I went through the previous months mags to identify them.
Finally I gave up and just asked Tom.

The first set was from the JUNE 2011 issue of Mad #209
"Surprises To Watch For In The 2011 Baseball Season"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The best thing about this illustration is the tasers going into other fan's ears, mouths, and eyes. Also Tom can be seen in the crowd to the far right.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next set is from the OCTOBER 2011 issue of MAD #511
"Dictators Next To Be Overthrown"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Babies with dynamite packs strapped around them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This one is my favorite illustration from Tom's submission. Usually I would not laugh at children being bombed. It's my Garbage Pail Kid sense of humor. Mr. Bunk trained me young.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've got to learn how to draw Waiters like this. Classic.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is Tom in the crowd promoting himself (holding up the "More Bunk" sign).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks again Tom for the sketches. You'll never know how much I enjoy them.

No comments: