Sunday, September 23, 2012

WORLD'S BIGGEST GARAGE SALE COMING UP SOON

Yesterday my sister Catherine told me the World's Biggest Garage Sale is coming up in about two weeks! She was thinking about renting a booth to sell stuff this year.
My sister and I both love this event and the past couple years she has been working the door there and hasn't had much of a chance to look around and shop for herself.
It is a great opportunity to scour through tons of stuff and dig up some neat collectables.
Last time I brought along a camera and took some photos and I plan on doing the same thing this time.

The World's Biggest Garage Sale is held at the National Cattle Congress Grounds (Waterloo, IA).
Lots of vendors set up tables of various items and are ready and willing to negotiate prices. It costs $1.00 to get in and you can spend all day looking around.

 Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One of my favorite booths last time had tons of vintage action figures and video game systems/ games.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My sister Catherine found a bunch of vintage glassware and stuff for her wedding.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We tried to get a couple random people to take a photo of us but it didn't work out so well. Maybe they didn't know how to zoom in?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I had to leave after a bit to get to work but I took some more photos at work that day of the stuff I bought.

I found a whole bunch of California Raisins figures that I traded to my friend Caruso for Gumby figures.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I found this Thundercats figure which I gave to my nephew Evan who loves Thundercats.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I got this Donald Duck Marx figure for 10 cents?!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Two Shirt Tales die-cast vehicles.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Two Rice Krispies cereal prizes. Recently I found the third at a garage sale so now I've got Snap, Crackle, and .....Pop!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I got a Chip bendy figure from Chip 'N Dale's Rescue Rangers.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I found this little sky-blue rubber figure. I still haven't figured out what it is. (anyone know?)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Last of all I found a handful of Tomy wind-up toys.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Anyway, I'll be sure to post some photos of the upcoming sale and my purchases. If you are in the area it sure is a fun sale!


2 comments:

TwoHeadedBoy said...

Looks like Heaven...

I really like those Shirt Tales things (whatever Shirt Tales is!), and oh hey - I have that Pixies shirt too!

American Toycoon said...

That blue figure looks like a M.U.S.C.L.E. character.