Saturday, May 8, 2010

SPRING GARAGE SALE HUNTING 2010

So far, spring garage sale hunting can be summed up in three words: CHILLY, WINDY, RAINY.
I haven't had much luck finding treasures so far but I thought I'd share the few things I found.

I found this Care Bears suitcase at a neighborhood garage sale. The lady gave it to me for free. I always wonder why people do that. The point of a garage sale is to make money right? Anyway, I figured this would be great to put all my Care Bears in when I'm going to grandma's house. Right now I have them up on shelves in my studio with Wuzzles and Godzilla.

Photobucket

CARE BEARS

CARE BEARS

CARE BEARS

I also found this clown doll for a dollar which I thought was a Cooky the cook doll from the Bozo Show, but after I took a better look at it I figured out it was just a dumb clown.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bozo and Cooky

I found this Noah's Ark Playset for 75 cents and pretty much bought it for the plastic animals.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have hundreds of plastic animals in a bin in my basement but in this set I found one I'd never seen before. A baby kangaroo that fits inside a pouch on the mom kangaroo's belly? I guess I'm easily amused.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday I stopped by an old man's garage sale in the rain and was excited to find some smelly markers and a couple diener erasers in a huge box of pens and pencils. I already had two of the fire engine erasers red/yellow but I didn't have the frog. Once again the old man sitting on his porch in the rain said I could have them for free but I made him take my 75 cents.

Photobucket

I'm hoping the garage sales will pick up this spring and I'll have more exciting finds to share next time.

No comments: