Monday, July 19, 2010

RECENT DOODLES AND SKETCHES 7-10

I haven't been working on any big art projects lately but I'm usually doodling one thing or another so I thought I'd share some of the little stuff.

I was messing around with a lot of 80s characters and drawing up these little sketches to put in an 80sville type of small town that I had drawn up. I figured I'd just draw the town first and just plant them in later with photoshop but I ended up finding out a little too late that I added too much detail and the characters didn't look good shrunk-down and squeezed into the streets and windows.

The drawings are still pretty fun though by themselves.

Photobucket

Starting from top left and working our way down we have Monchichi the thumb/banana sucking fuzzy monkey. I was thinking it might be funny to have him sticking his thumb in another monchichi's butt. (childish but funny).
There is vomiting Odie or "Grodie". The gag is supposed to be a long gush of puke instead of the tongue.
A "Poochie" dog ripping apart a Cabbage Patch Kid.
Q-Bert and PacMan, a couple Smurfs and Strawberry Deathcake? A goth version that smells like clove cigarettes?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Care Bears bearing 80s logos I planned on scattering around town (too small to see the logos on their bellies).

Photobucket

Alphie II the reading robot helping kids learn to spell "FART" and other various 4-letter words.
More Strawberry Deathcake ideas with little pets and names like "Moonberry Gloom" smelling like formaldehyde.
Charlie Brown who was supposed to be exiting a building shaped like the Snoopy Sno-cone maker from the early 80s.
Garfield, Gloworms, Q-Bert, and Fisher Price Little People (rabid dog that bit little boy).

Photobucket

HeMan VS the Shirttales

Photobucket

A few Tomy robot sketches

Photobucket

Snoopy sitting on his shithouse

Photobucket

Cabbage Patch Kids "Koosas" the animal versions that were supposed to be pets.

Photobucket

Rainbow Not-So Brite picking on star sprites.

Here's another random drawing I did on the back of an old book.

Photobucket

And a couple of recent Garbage Pail Kids drawings (Shown with the original cards).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's all for now.

No comments: