Monday, March 28, 2011

TOPPS WACKY PACKAGE ERASERS 2011

I just recently found out that Topps released these and had to get my hands on some (thanks Kirk Liebig).
I collect erasers and Wacky Packages so it was exciting to see the two melded into a creative collectible.

Photobucket

You can buy these at Target in the trading card section of the store. They are marked at $2.99 a pack but surprisingly ring up at $1.99! Each package comes with three erasers shaped like Wacky Pack products and coinciding stickers. There are 24 in all, the last 4 marked "rare".

Photobucket

Photobucket

I bought the majority of the box and am still missing two (#7, #11). I ended up with quite a few duplicates. Here are some photos:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These are really neat to see in 3D and a great addition to any Wacky Package collector. I only had two complaints. First, one of my erasers came out of the package with a shard of glass jutting out of it? (not too safe for kids). Second the outside stickers were sloppily adhered to the erasers in some cases or misapplied (one was actually upside down). Other than that I think they are excellent.