Sunday, May 16, 2010

SPRING GARAGE SALE HUNTING 2010 week 2

A decent weekend of garage sales with great spring weather. A lot of small toys to dig through. I was hoping to find certain things, but as usual I tend to come across a bunch of unexpected junk I didn't expect to find.
I couldn't believe the amount of Smurf and Garfield collectibles I kept running into? They kept popping up at one garage sale after the next. It was strange. I went to this one garage sale in an upper-class neighborhood with a lot of electronics and higher-priced furniture where there was nothing antique or old whatsoever, and on my way back to my van I see sitting on one of the tables a Smurf toy bus. Totally out of place. Bizarre.
Anyway here's some photos of the stuff I bought:

Photobucket

Wax koala from a zoo, Brainy smurf action figure, Twizzlers wind-up lips, Alvin and the Chipmunks wind-up Simon.

Photobucket

Sesame Street Telly and female Snufflupacus pvcs, 2 Garfield pvcs, and a Get-Along Gang pvc.

Photobucket

Tomy wind-up skiing bear, Snagglepuss fast-food toy, Garfield and Odie die-casts.

Photobucket

Mighty mouse fast-food suction toy, Smokey the bear figure, alligator cereal prize, Pokey the horse figure, and a weird goblin rubber bookmark clip.

Photobucket

Set of Disney pullback vehicles (fast-food toys)

Photobucket

McDonalds pull-back vehicles

Photobucket

Some lady convinced me to buy these Flintstones lunch bags from 1980 (10 cents).

Photobucket

Miss Piggy 1981 calendar. Each month has her on the cover of popular magazines. The middle is a mock Playboy centerfold.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Maybe I'll find some better stuff next weekend?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those are actually cool finds. I never seem to find toys from my childhood at garage sales. :(

STEVEFELLDOWN said...

A garage sale is like a box of chocolates...