Tuesday, August 3, 2010

BUNK'S JUNK 8-10

I just received the new issue of Mad magazine in the mail yesterday and I was happy to see Tom Bunk's latest submissions which help to explain the recent trash he's been kind enough to mail me.

Photobucket

Mad #505 October 2001

Page #10 of the Fundalini Pages contains "The Kitchen Sink: WebMD's Strangest searches" illustrated by Bunk.

Photobucket

Tom mailed me the rough sketches for these illustrations a bit ago and of course I've got to share them.

Exploding knees:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Puffy teeth:

Photobucket

Here's a nice scan of the finished art:

Photobucket

Why am I sneezing out tapeworms?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, on the last page of the issue Tom has one of his wonderful one-page-funnies I have to share.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Great work Tom! Keep sending the good stuff.

2 comments:

Tom Bunk said...

Hi Steve,
nice to see the MAD stuff on your blog,even before I got the mag myself.Interesting to see all the sketch stages,before it gets finished.Usually I throw out most of it.I hope you're planning to establish a Bunk museum soon in your garage or so.

STEVEFELLDOWN said...

I must have won a lifetime subscription to Mad or something when I did the "envelope of the month" a few years ago. I don't remember the last time I had to pay for it. I'm so glad you saved so much of your stuff. The recent Garbage Pail Kid posts on Facebook have been a real treat. I think a lot of other artists enjoy seeing your process as much as I do. A blog museum will have to do for now!