Saturday, April 23, 2011

ARTWORK 4-24-11

The month is almost over so I thought I'd share my April artwork.

First I wanted to do an update on my Fisher Price chatter phone that I've been constructing out of 100% recycled paper (scraps from the recycling bin). It was a bit tougher than I thought it would be! Almost finished.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the hardest parts of this project was searching for paper scraps that matched the original colors. If they were off by the slightest bit it looked goofy.

The wheels took two days to create. I wrapped the paper around tubes to glue and dry, and tried to do my best to duplicate the outer indentations. Anything curved is hard to replicate.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last thing I have to build is the receiver which may take a bit due to the semi fluorescent red paper I'm going to be keeping my eye out for. It would be a lot easier to go out and buy some, but I've come this far and I'm determined to use only recycled paper.

Most of the drawings I've done this past month are just doodles in my sketchbook (which is almost full). I started the sketchbook in early July 2010 and am now on page 109. About 340 sketches so far. Not too bad.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was in a Ghostbusters mood that day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Easter coming up and all.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When I have drawing slumps (like writer's block) I draw designs.

Photobucket

I'm working on a monkey project.

Photobucket

One of my favorite Garbage Pail Kids!

Photobucket

I'm making a happy meal box for my next art show. I just got started. I changed the arches on the handle to my initials S P.

Photobucket

This is a character from Masters of the Universe named Rio Blast.

Nothing too spectacular but a lot of times it's the little drawings and doodles I do when I'm bored that people seem to really dig.

I'll post some more next month.

No comments: