Saturday, June 7, 2008

AUTOGRAPHED CARDS

I've been doing my best to get signed trading cards from my favorite artists and most of them have been really nice about signing them for me and returning them. Here are some of the ones I've received back in the mail. (Some of these scans extend off the screen so click on them to see the full image)

Photobucket

JOHN POUND GPK father signed this TEE-VEE STEVIE card for me from the first series (one of my favorite cards of all time). I'd say he was sort of like a God to me but God would have never influenced my artwork like John did.

Photobucket

Even though he didn't do the final artwork on this card JAY LYNCH another GPK pioneer was nice enough to sign this ADAM BOMB card from the first series for me. He also signed one of the new Wacky Packages cards he illustrated.

Photobucket

One of the best things about the early cards was the "Bazooka Joe" type comics on the card backs. I had to ask Jay to sign a couple that he illustrated for me. Love ya, always will.

Photobucket

BRENT ENGSTROM was nice enough to take time out of his Indiana Jones card sketching to sign me this TIE-DEE KNOT card from the ANS7 series, and a Hollywood Zombies card he illustrated.

Photobucket

He also sent me this nice little sketch.

Photobucket

JOHN CEBOLLERO sent me an autographed KARATE KYLE card from ANS5, along with SIKIRA from the HOLLYWOOD ZOMBIES. When it comes to intestines, John draws his guts out.

Photobucket

LUIZ DIAZ, bless his rotten soul, sent me BATTY BRAD from ANS5 along with a STARDUCKS COFFEE Wacky Package he painted.

Photobucket

FRED WHEATON, an all around great chap, sent me I-CLOD TODD from ANS6 along with the MIRACLE WEEP wacky package he painted.

Photobucket

Fred was sweet enough to sent me a sketch of the crying Miracle Weep man who obviously still hasn't gotten over his breakup with the Land O' Lakes Indian girl.

I want to thank all the artists who signed these for me, and if I get more in the mail I'll post them.

No comments: